“Harricana Lone Wolf 28k and 10k”
Measure yourself on the real 28 km and 10 km course and have a good time in Charlevoix this summer!
The 28 km and 10 km course have been marked permanently for the whole summer and we invite you to measure yourself against other UTHC athletes from June 27th to September 11th by running the whole 28 km or 10 km course and registering your time with Strava, Suunto, Garmin, TrainningPeaks, ou RunKeeper. You participate when you want, on the day and at the time you want, alone or in small groups respecting the health rules of the authorities.
The rankings will be published on our website and many prizes will be drawn for all the participants. A grand final will take place on the weekend of September 12-13 with the best men and women in the summer ranking and the grand prize winners will be rewarded on site on September 13.
Take a picture of yourself with the permanent arch built for you and tell us the adventures you lived on the course by writing them in the Souvenir Book situated at the end of the course at Mont Grand-Fonds.
Word from La Boutique du Lac – 28 km Presenter
It is with great pleasure that La Boutique du Lac, for a second year in a row, associates with the 28 km course of UTHC, especially in this context filled with uncertainty, but a great and innovative solution is offered by UTHC. The 28 km course is both accessible and “short”, but is still an excellent physical challenge for all.
On this course, you will be able to enjoy the scenic view of St-Lawrence river at the top of Mont Grand-Fonds. Have fun and contact us, La Boutique du Lac, if you need clothes, shoes or any trail running gear for this challenge or your daily training runs.
Word from ACCÈSCONSEIL – Presenter of the 10 km
ACCÈSCONSEIL is proud to partner again with the Ultra-Trail Harricana™ team for the third consecutive year. Although the context is somewhat different this year, we are confident that the new challenge of the “lone wolf Harricana Lone Wolf 28k and 10k” will be a success and give you the desire to run and to surpass yourself, particularly on the 10 km which has been improved with the addition of a few more technical sections! Come and visit us in Charlevoix for memorable … and responsible vacations!
The register’s fee to become a member of the “Harricana All Summer Long” trailrunning club is 90$ + tax. This includes :
- 20% off the UTHC 2021 registration
- A bib printed in color for the “Harricana Lone Wolf 28k and 10k”
- After race meal at the Pain d’Exclamation bakery
- A special gift rom Microbrasserie Charlevoix
- Validation and upload of results
- Organisation of the site at the start/finish
- Postal fees
- Snacks from Xactnurtition and Naäk for your autonomous refuelling
- 10$ gift card from La Boutique du Lac
- Insurance and safety services in case of emergency
- Many discounts from our partners
- Coordination of the challenge and the summer program
- Invitation to all the activities that will be organized during the summer (e.g. specialized clinics, discovery of certain portions of the circuits with a guide, etc.)
- Invitation to the organization’s General Assembly and right to vote
Preface and important notices on COVID-19:
The successful unfolding of this virtual event is based on the integrity of all participants. We ask all of you to comply with the directions of the public health authorities to limit the propagation of COVID-19 in Charlevoix’s region.
Your health and safety is our priority.
Here are the main public health recommendations:
- If you show symptoms or think that you were exposed to the virus, we invite you to postpone or cancel your participation, stay home and follow the official recommendations for this kind of situation.
- It is mandatory to maintain a 2 meters distance between yourself and others on the trail.
- No littering allowed on the trail or at the start/finish site. We ask that you pick up your garbage and put it in a garbage can. There will be no garbage collection on the trail.
- Refrain from touching your eyes, nose and mouth before washing your hands.
- Sneeze or cough into your elbow and not into your hand.
- If you write in the Souvenir Book located at Mont Grand-Fonds, please wash your hands before.
Information on the 28km course
- Distance : 28 km
- Elevation : 1000m D+
- Cut off time : None
- Course: Loop
Information on the 10km course
- Distance : 10 km
- Elevation : 290m D+
- Cut off time : None
- Course: Loop
Timing and results validation
Participants that want to see their results validated and added to the official ranking must submit their information through this FORM. UTHC will validate the course and the identity of the runner and will publish the results within 48 hours following the reception of the form.
A grand final will take place on the weekend of September 12-13 with the best men and women in the summer ranking and the grand prize winners will be rewarded on site on September 13.
A Facebook page has been created so you can share your picture, videos and funny stories. Feel free to share your experience with us so we can live it with you.
Participation prizes will be drawn all summer long throughout all our participants that finished the challenge.
- Registrations at UTHC 2021
- 1 night in a superior room in single or double occupancy at Spa Nordique Le Germain Charlevoix (value $ 279)
- 1 Night at Manoir Richelieu (value of $ 250)
- $ 50 gift certificates at the Harricana boutique
- Gift certificates from our partners (details to come)
Discounts with our partners
- 20% on room rates at Spa Nordique Le Germain Charlevoix (for all stays between July 1, 2020 and October 31, 2020)
- 15% off xact nutrition and Naäk items for sale on the Harricana Boutique website
- 15% off the purchase of the book La santé par la course à pied by Blaise Dubois (La Clinique du Coureur) for sale on the Harricana Boutique website
- $ 10 gift card on selected Compressport, Ultimate Direction and Lorpen items for sale on the Harricana Boutique website
- $ 20 gift card valid until October 31, 2021 for a reservation of two nights or more in one of the chalets in the daily hiking sector of the Traversée de Charlevoix (chalets: Dôme, Eudore, Taïga, Caribou, J-P Cadot)
- $ 20 purchase credit on selected The North Face items for sale on the Harricana Boutique website
- Stay on the marked trail at all times. Your course will be validated by an official and your time will only be accounted for if you completed the 28km course. If you make a mistake and turn back, there is no problem as long as you complete the whole official course. However, your time won’t be amended and only your total completion time will be taken into account.
- The course must be completed in one go and the total duration it took you to complete the course will be used. If you decide to take breaks during your race and stop your GPS watch, these breaks will be calculated for your ranking.
- No mandatory equipment is required. However, we strongly advise you to have enough water and food to complete the course in all safety.
- Suggested equipment:
- First aid kit with tape for blisters, small cuts, to hold bandages in place, etc
- Rain jacket with a hood
- 1.4mx2m (minimum) survival blanket
- Gloves and tuque
- Cap or bandana
- Bear ring
- Fly repellent
- This challenge is based on thrust. If we are warned that a submitted completion time was completed by someone else other than the registered participant, the participant will be automatically disqualified.
If you notice a problem with the trail marking, vandalism or any other problem on the trail that can have a negative impact on the runners, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can take action as soon as possible.
We won’t be able to insure your safety directly on site. However, in order to insure your safety at the best of our abilities, we invite you to :
- Inform us of that date and approximate start time by filling this form:
- Inform your family or close friends about your race details
- Have a cellphone on you in case of emergency to contact the emergency services. The cell phone reception is good on the 28km course. In case of emergency, you will also have a phone number on the back of your bib. This number will enable you to contact emergency personnel living nearby in case of a major emergency. The number is :
- Get to know the access routes and the course before race day
- Have all recommended material on you on race day
- Follow the public health recommendations
A first aid kit will be available at the Start/Finish site in an easily identifiable box.
Mont Grand-Fonds and UTHC team members will supervise the site daily and we invite you to report anything that could harm the safety of the participant on the course or on site. Write to us at : email@example.com
- You will have an emergency number on the back of your bib. This number will enable you to contact emergency personnel living nearby in case of a major emergency. The number is : (833) 427-7422.
The marking will be as following:
Arrows will also be added at intersections and pink ribbons will be hung on trees every 100 meters with 2 ribbons 2 feet from the ground on the right.
A blue rocket (chemical toilet) may be installed at the start/finish site. Mont Grand-Fonds restroom and buildings will not be accessible.
The parking lot at Mont Grand-Fonds will be accessible to participants only. Please close the access behind you. Here is the padlock number (coming soon). Note that it will be possible to sleep in your motorized vehicle on site if you wish.
Unis pour le Sport offers you free training programs. Training programs are at the heart of Unis pour le Sport mission: build a cooperation relation between high level athletes and their community.
UTHC offers a great clothing and accessories collection. The different designs are made by local professional artists and represent the values and challenges associated with trail running. Order what you need now on our online shop.
Are you seeking inspiration?
Listen to our interviews with many UTHC athletes. These incredible local and international athletes will guide you into their daily lives, their challenges, their funny adventures and even more. If you are looking for inspiration in these challenging times, look no further.