Welcoming program for star athletes
Ultra-Trail Harricana is announcing the implementation of a new welcoming program for star athletes who wish to participate in the event.
Selected athletes will enjoy many advantages such as lodging during their stay, waved registration fees, and activities to help them fully enjoy their presence in the region, etc.
Interested athletes should submit their candidacy before June 30. Successful applicants in the program will be announced every month on the following dates:
- January 7, 2019
- February 4, 2019
- March 4, 2019
- April 8, 2019
- May 6, 2019
- June 3, 2019
- July 8, 2019
Applications will remain admissible throughout the candidacy period. The earlier you submit your application, the better your chances are of being selected by the jury. Said jury will be made up of race organisers, as well as elite athletes who have formerly participated in the event.
Selection will be based on the following two criteria::
1- the way in which you interact and reach out to the world around you (as a blogger, through social implication, etc.)
2- your performance (ITRA score, wins/positioning)*
* To be eligible to participate in the program, female candidates must have a minimum of 600 points and male athletes 700 points.
NUMBER OF AVAILABLE PLACES
A total number of eighteen athletes will benefit from the program, as follows:
- Nine Quebec athletes
- Nine athletes from outside of Quebec and international athletes
Fourteen athletes will be granted:
- Lodging for the event (two nights, double occupancy)
- Free registration
- Promotion on all UTHC communication platforms (website, newsletters, program, etc.)
- Option of participating in an organised tourist program outside of the event free of charge (whale watching, etc.)
- Welcoming activities and help with everything relating to the event’s participation planning
Four other athletes will receive:
- Free registration
- Being showcased in all communication platforms (website, newsletters, program, etc.)
- Possibility of participating in an organised tourist program outside of the event free of charge (whale watching, etc.)
- Welcoming activities and assistance with everything relating to the event’s participation planning
Ten spots are specifically reserved for the 125 km.
Three international athletes will receive a 500 Euro travel allowance (each) from The Ultra-Trail World Tour to supplement the cost of travel to the event .
In return for their participation in the program, the chosen athletes agree to be present at the press conference held on the morning of Friday, September 6th in La Malbaie, as well as at the closing ceremony on Sunday, September 8th at noon. They must also accept the usage of their their name and image for a variety of promotional purposes related to the event.
SUBMITTING AN APPLICATION
To submit one’s candidacy, athletes are invited to fill out the following form:
Good luck to all!